Monday, January 08, 2007

All the Best in the New Year to You All

We are already one week into the new year and it is freeeeeezing here in Tokyo. I am not quite sure where I am going with this blog. First the idea of just posting completely anonymous random thoughts appealed to me, but now my fieldwork does not allow for too much pointless rambling. Also, to maintain a readership one needs to post regularily and for a certain audience. So I thought this would be a good tool to keep in touch with friends in Germany, England, Switzerland and America. But so far, only my parents are reading it and thus I am strangely self-conscious about blogging.
Anyway, I decided to open two new categories in order to post more frequently. One being the obvious random photo shots; the other, somewhat more pretentious, is 'Quote of the Day'. These are as random as the rest, just thoughts that I thought were worth disseminating (like the stuck-up English snob that people sometimes take me to be, talking about 'sharing these meaningful thoughts with the blogging community' just feels as if a fishbone was stuck in my throat).
And now to something completely different: For those interested in my research, I just published a short account/memo/text on the New York University blog Material World. CHeck it out at http://www.materialworldblog.com/



1 comment:

Baham said...

Live long and prosper my friend.